The Origin of the Name
I had a friend in Hugh school that during the beginning of my "sad days" that I'd converse with well into the night throughout the week. We'd stay up until 3am just talking about all different types of things, he was definitely my best friend. On a number of occasions I'd refer to myself as his guardian angel and he'd laugh in agreement; It was our thing.
One night while on the phone the conversation transitioned to the topic of who I was to him. Although the thought that I was his guardian angel was a joke there truly were some interesting differences in our relationship that he nor I had ever experienced. There was a long pause and then I remembered him saying "-you're an anomaly." He tried a little longer to place the feeling, describing how I was different but ultimately he stuck with "anomaly."I'd yet to hear that word before, definitely not used to discribe my character. As we grew older and went off to start very different lives I've heard that word various times with regard to other's perception of me. Every time someone uses it I smile a little as I am reminded of a gleam of light during an otherwise dark time in my life.
Anomaly(noun) - Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
Comments
Post a Comment